Sunday, February 28, 2010

Final Thoughts

This has been a challenging class for me as English courses and writing assignments do not come naturally for me. In fact, I have changed this very first sentence four different ways. I seem to naturally write wordy awkward sentences and paragraphs. This class has helped me narrow down an order of operations in writing. I feel I have improved in writing more concise sentences. I have noticed myself simplifying statements. I caught myself writing a run on sentence and I stopped myself, ended the sentence, and started the next one. The peer critiques, the exercises, and the instruction directly related to the end product and in improving our skills. Improvements aside, I think it is important for me to continue to write because I do need more practice.
My performance did meet my expectations. However, I might be my own worst critic. What I loved about this class the most was the amount of valuable feedback and helpful criticism I received. This is my last course with National University. I have to admit the majority of the time, I either didn’t receive any constructive critique of my research papers at all or the little I did was either too late to be helpful or was only a mere sentence or two.
I don’t think there is anything I would do differently. I hope that I wouldn’t need to take this course again for the nightly assignments were demanding for my daily schedule of work, children, and home life. It was also particularly difficult for my family lost a loved one this month and two last month. I certainly would continue to plug along the same as I did. I would do the best I could just the same and give all that I can with the ability that I have. I know this will lead me to be better and at the end of the day be proud of my accomplishments.
The beginning week was unsettling. I panicked looking over the workload and the schedule. I was so nervous that perhaps I wouldn’t be able to pull it off. I knew I was in for a tough month. I was so proud of my writing. I usually feel so accomplished upon completing my assignments. When I reviewed the graded mark up, I felt nervous. The mark up suggestions when I saw them seemed so obvious, and yet they would have never occurred to me on my own.
My writing has improved by taking this class. Even though I continue to have challenges, I think I am a good writer. I have good ideas and make good points. My writing is better organized and I have a clear idea how to layout an attack of an augmentative paper. Some of the assignments weren’t worth many points. This does not always leave much room or flexibility for grading. My grades received were much lower than I had anticipated. I know my writing is far from perfect and an “A” would not be in order. However, I do believe a “B” would be applicable. In the case were the numbers don’t add up to a “B” and a “C” is what is issued, I will be delighted in completing and passing this course and inconsequence completing the requirements for my Bachelor’s degree. As a final thought, I would like to sincerely thank the professor for her time and assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment